You have a low ceiling, or a small room?
Here are some tips to help expand the space:
- Paint your walls, crown molding if any, and the ceiling all in one soft color.
- Keep your draperies simple in the design; the fabric must not have a busy or over sized pattern. The background color of the fabric should be as close as possible to the walls color.
- Keep your draperies as close as possible to the ceiling. That will give your room height.
- Full drapery panels are recommended over valances, the length will add height.
- As for pattern, vertical strips will be useful for the illusion of height.
- Keep the room uncluttered, furniture to the minimum needed, and the walls with few art pieces.
Call us for a complimentary consultation at (630) 420-0800.