I have noticed that most of the houses I visit that have cornices are very ordinary and even sometimes boring!
A cornice board can be stunning, and very unique! Below are some ideas to add more interest and beauty:
- Vary the textures, add various fabrics.
- Add unusual trims and embellishments such as trims with beads, feathers, shells, crystals, or unique tassels.
- Do you have arches in your room and you like to emphasis this architectural feature? Have the lower edge of your cornice to follow the arches! Your guests will notice.
- Add buttons, metal nails and tassels.
- How about adding ruffles, banding or pleats.
These were my ideas! How about your ideas, would you like to share?
Please call us for any questions or inquiry (630) 420-0800.