Are you thinking of going green with your window covering? if so, that is a smart move, and below are some tips to consider:
- Consider high quality: It will have a longer life, that means less waste, and saving you money in the long run.
- Make sure you are buying what you truly like: Do not let a salesperson impose his or her ideas on you. You should be making the final decisions, and get what you absolutely love, otherwise you will find yourself changing it and wasting money because what you bought was the decorator’s style and not yours.
- Make sure you are getting the most insulation: Ask the right questions, how much insulation I am getting? Your window treatment must keep your rooms cold in the summer, warm in the winter and cut your heating and cooling bills.
- Use green materials: every material you use has an impact on our planet. Environmentally friendly materials, such as cotton, wool, silk, linen, hemp, and bamboo are better choices than petrochemical based synthetics, like PVC, polyester and acrylic.
- Recycle, and reuse!: Make sure to donate your old treatments, so others can benefit from them. And there is nothing wrong with refurbishing what you already have by giving it a face lift instead of totally throwing it away. New paint, new shades, or new buttons and tassels while keeping the valence can be a great way to change the look without changing everything.
In the end you want to be kind to yourself, your wallet and our planet earth!
Call Susan for more green ideas(630)420-0800.