Whenever we finish an installation, I see the excitement of my clients. They are so excited and over joyed with their new treatment!
Draperies, blinds, shades and shutters, like any furniture in your home, will accumulate dust, and that will take away from their beauty and elegance. Here are some tips to help keep your window treatments looking as fresh as the day they were installed:
- Feather dust, or use an unscented dryer sheet to dust them on a weekly basis just like you do with furniture.
- You can vacuum if your vacuum has a low setting.Oonly use the hose to gently remove dust from the surface.
- Compressed air can be used as well. Office Max, or any other office supply store carries the compressed air cans for cleaning electronic devices and computers. The compressed air is ideal for cleaning cellular shades, silhouettes and shades of that nature.
- Dry cleaning: We recommend dry cleaning every 10 years. If the home owner is a smoker, or heavy cooking is performed close to the drapery area, I would recommend dry cleaning every 5-7 years.
- Ultrasonic cleaning on site is ideal to keep your beautiful custom window covering looking fresh and as gorgeous as the day they were installed.