Here are some issues that we come across when designing window coverings for our clients, and valances has been the perfect solution:
- Sometimes blinds were selected for a functional reason (privacy, and light control) and the hardware of those blinds are unsightly. A valance will be ideal in this case to cover up what needs to be covered.
- When rooms are too small, and full draperies are overpowering, valances can provide the warmth, texture and color to the room just as much as a pair of drapes, without overwhelming the room.
- If the view can not be compromised, and full draperies are obstructive, a well designed valance will give maximum exposure, without taking away the beautiful view.
- When there is a need for natural light in rooms for a special function, such as craft or sewing rooms, sun rooms and kitchens, valences liven the windows without blocking the sunlight.
- If the window is by an area where draperies can be easily soiled like over a sink window in the kitchen, or in a bath room by the jacuzzi, having a valance to dress those windows up is much more practical than draperies that drop down.
- When having two windows on one wall with different sizes, designing valances to help unify the look is a smart idea.
For a free design consultation call (630) 420-0800
For more ideas also visit gailaniassoc
View the video below