When thinking about blinds, I think: neat, simple, orderly, compact, functional. They’re easy to clean, and they will give me full exposure of the window when I want a non-obstruced view.
Here are some general tips when selecting blinds:
- Verticals or any vertical sheers will enhance the height of the room.
- For vertical blinds, make sure to allow 3/4” clearance from the floor for easy traversing.
- For Wood or Venetian blinds, consider the use of decorative tapes to add color, pattern, and that customized look to the room.
- If vibrant colors are preferred, consider metal blinds. They are available in a wide array of colors, come cordless, and you can add tape to 2” slats for a rich, customized look. Make sure that the color of the metal blind is white to the street side, especially the front of the house, otherwise the facade of will not look unified.
- Generally the smaller the slats, the less light comes in when they are open.
- The top down feature is great for allowing some light in while maintaining privacy at the same time. This feature is ideal for cutting the sun glare when working on a computer. Now the cellular shades with the top down feature come with the cords hidden to the sides for a neater look that does not disturb the view.
- Select cordless for child and pet safety.
Call (630)420-0800 for free estimates.
Below are selected videos for the many styles and options. Enjoy!