How to create unique draperies for your home or office!
The most noticeable item when entering a room are the draperies or the window treatments. That’s why special attention must be given when designing the window treatment or the draperies.
Here are some tips to follow:
- Use unique colors. Bright, strong colors are now in fashion. Become more adventurous and don’t be afraid of using bold colors.
- Mix different fabrics in one treatment. Have a variety of textures, like mixing smooth and silky with textured and velvety or sheer and transparent with heavy and nubby fabrics.
- Create layers. A panel can have several layers. Imagine a three layered panel, with sheers sandwiched between a layer of silk and velvet. A single panel like that pulled to the side with a unique tassel is enough to make an incredible statement!
- Select one-of-a-kind hardware that will be the focal point of the entire treatment.
- Use embellishments, such as tassels, fringes, trims, buttons, beads …etc. They can turn any ordinary treatment into something extraordinary!
Nowadays we have many choices when it comes to selecting fabric, hardware and embellishments. They can be of natural or man made material, imported or domestic, but that doesn’t mean they have to be expensive. The varying price points make custom window covering affordable to just about everyone!