New trends in design 2014!
The home decorating industry it gets influenced by the fashion industry. What you see in the fashion world as far as trends, colors and styles get adapted in the home furnishing and interior design world.
As an example:
1) we see freedom in decorating, more of an eclectic style and the trend of mixing rather than matching. Mixing of different types of woods, mix of rustic styles with ultra-modern ones.
Example using woven wood shades with silk panels.
2) The use of motorized shades and window covering. Especially windows that are high, windows that are hard to reach (over a bath tub, or over the sink in the kitchen). Also motorization is used for child and pet safety. Motorization is becoming very affordable and really easy to program and use. We carry many brands Like Hunter Douglas, Graber, Comfortex, and recently we added Serena shades by Lutron that is an excellent brand and very affordable. Take a look at the video below:
3) The use of heavy draperies is out, now we see stationary side panels, sheers over silk or velvet instead of the sheers being under the heavy draperies. Creating the hotel look in master bedrooms by using room darkening materials as the first layer the sheer draperies as a second layer.
Here Is an example:
4) New ways to use embellishments and very unique trims, braids and tassels.
5) colors with gray undertones, especially in neutrals and strong pop of colors that are clear tones as accents.
6)We see fabrics with birds motif:
7) The Chevron Motif: