Gailani Designs is a Hunter Douglas Dealer, We carry all Hunter Douglas products. Call us for free estimate (630)420-0800.
When I get the request to design a child’s bed room, I get really excited!!!!
Recently I got a call from a Naperville resident to design a valance for his 10 year old daughter, he mentioned that his daughter is into sports and very athletic, she is not much into pinks and frills, she likes her window treatment clean and simple.
He also mentioned the need for shades to keep the sunlight out, to help his daughter to sleep in on weekends and Holidays.
The valance design consisted of four separate parts connected together with lace that resembles athletic shoe. Each part had a curved edge on the bottom of the valance to add that softness and femininity.
Two shades (Room darkening, Applause shades by Hunter Douglas) was provided to keep the sun away as well as providing saving on the energy bills, which came as unexpected bonus to the dad!
Fall is a beautiful season and we are lucky to live in the Midwest, where we get to experience the transformation of colors. Follow these simple tips to incorporate some of those dynamic colors in your home without breaking the bank:
- Ask yourself some questions to come up with a personal color guide. What are the colors that appeal to you from the fall palate? What comes to my mind from the red family are deep clay, spice, burnt orange, or habanero Chili! How about the green family? Perhaps the color of herbs, sage, olives, or moss. Yellow has extended shades that go well with the fall palate, such as mustard, tea stain, honey, and white raisins. When it comes to the blue family, think more blues with lighter shades and yellow undertones. Please do not forget that purples can make dynamic accents, are wonderful compliments to yellows, and work beautifully well with greens. Perhaps using purples with red undertones will be your excellent choice for the fall. Whatever you decide, make sure you are thinking subdued and grayed to really get that season’s feeling in your home.
- Once you pick the colors you want to work with, make sure they work well with your current decor! Use them as accents to your already present design and furniture: bring in new pillows, lamp shades, tassels, accessories, and so on. You aren’t redecorating the room, just dressing it appropriately for the new season!
- Getting yourself a new rug that matches your newly accessorized room can complete your fall look and tie the room together.
- How about playing around with your windows’ side panels or adding some sheers to keep out those dreary fall days?
I hope these tips help you welcome the new season by giving your home a face lift without overspending. Remember making a few changes will lift up your spirits, take away the boredom and drab, and add new energy to your space. And finally, make sure that your windows are well insulated with proper shades and draperies to keep the cold away and help you save more on your heating bills. Maybe you can pocket that money for your next interior design project!
October is the season of cold weather, vibrant colors, apple orchards, pumpkin picking, and Halloween! While your children are dressing up in fun and scary costumes, take some extra time this month to dress up the scary windows in your home.
I’m talking about those difficult, large or odd-shaped windows that don’t have an easy fix when it comes to shades and blinds. Don’t let corner, bow, bay, octagon, arched, trapezoid, or high windows trouble you! There is an effective and affordable way to dress every single kind of window and we are not afraid to take up any window challenges you may have for us!
The window treatment you choose for your more elaborate décor projects should accentuate the natural beauty of that window and its view. You don’t want to hide the architectural details of the window’s design. Work with the shape, don’t hide it!
Here are some tips to wake you up from your window nightmares and get you closer to the home of your dreams:
1) Hard-to-reach windows don’t necessarily need to be dressed since they are usually too high to impede on your privacy. If there are light control issues, i.e. if the sun hits too harshly, look into motorization!
2) Skylights are beautiful assets to any room, but they need to be covered to prevent any harmful rays from destroying your furniture. Again, adjustable shades are ideal here. Look into remote-controlled shades, or simple cellular shades that can be opened and closed with a long wand.
3) Most shutters and blinds can be made to fit any irregularly shaped window. Just call in an expert if you aren’t sure of what to do. We are readily available to help you find a solution that suits you!
It’s only September, but if you want your home ready for the holidays, the time to start thinking about window treatments is now! Before meeting with a professional, start an idea file for yourself; gather colors you like, magazine photos, advertisements, articles, etc. into a folder. Eventually, a pattern will start to emerge in your creative thinking. This will make it easier for you to convey your tastes and your dream vision to those working with you on your window project. Stop by at your local magazine stand, which is sure to carry some decorating and interior design magazines. Go forth and clip away!
Take advantage of our 1 hour free consultation and free estimate call (630) 420-0800.
If you are in the Chicagoland area and want window coverings for your children’s room, be sure to contact us! We will bring the best out there for your kids’ space. Redecorating a child’s room can be challenging, but I guarantee I will find amazing ideas that will suit both their personality and your budget. Fall is a great time to redecorate your children’s rooms, whether they are heading off to college or simply starting school back up for the year. A bedroom makeover will not only make your child feel special, but also motivate them to work hard in school. Simply, it is a recipe for academic success!
Here are some fun pictures from the web for ideas:
Call (630)420-0800 For free estimates or a free consultation.
How would you describe your draperies: out of the bag and ordinary or one of a kind and extraordinary?
Ask yourself that question but please do not confuse simplicity with ordinary. Simplicity can be elegant and tasteful; ordinary is what you see everywhere: overplayed, overdone, and just not exciting.
People are different. They have different needs, lifestyles, personalities, and tastes. Home décor should reflect this, as well as the house’s own appearance and character. Let’s take window treatments for example—your curtain work has to compliment the window itself, from its shape to its glass material, and, of course, the room in general.
Often, I visit homes with store bought draperies that take away from the integrity of the room. To be quite honest, a room will look better with a naked window than a wrongly dressed one.
Custom window coverings can be simple, affordable, and expressive! Choosing the right combination of fabric and hardware really takes a room to the next level of sophistication. It can also bring comfort and satisfaction to the home owner. We want you to feel good about your personal space!
I cannot stress how important it is for you to be happy and joyful every time you come home. This is my goal as a designer: I strive to assist you in creating a uniquely beautiful home that is totally you!
Feel free to call for a free estimate (630)420-0800
Also visit our Exciting Windows website for more ideas gailaniassoc
Here are some draperies and valances ideas for your enjoyment:
Persona custom shades, for commercial and residential use!
What do you think? Do you like them? Let me know!
Recently I had the chance to stay at freshly remodeled Hampton motel in Seattle, Washington. The new design was very well put together and that really effected how I felt during my stay. There was an effort to create that feel of home, relaxing, restful environment.
The most comfortable bed dressed in all white soft linen, made me want to dive right into it!!! The duvet was so downy and soft, bunch of feathery, slouchy pillows, which made me want to stay in bed for that unsurpassed pampering!
Of course I paid close attention to the window treatment. The first layer was a screen shade which totally loved because it defused the bright light and gave the room some privacy and one still could see out. The second layer was draperies with black out lining for total room darkening. Stationary panels in a large print framed the window on each side and a tailored cornice finished the window.
Although there was nothing out of the ordinary about the room but how it was put together, the colors, patterns, and the effort to create comfort, restful feeling, and serenity what made me feel down at home, and I couldn’t help feeling impressed!!!
Here are some photos:
Hunter Douglas shutters program provides various options for all types of windows. Arched, bay, sliding doors…etc all can be treated with beautiful plantation shutters.
Please view the video below:
Call us for all your shutters needs! Free estimate provided (630) 420-0800.
For more ideas on draperies and window treatments visit gailaniassoc