Draperies might be the last thing that we think about, yet they are what finish the room, add warmth, and richness.
Whether it’s full drapery panels, valances or shades, we can create the look or mood we desire in any room by the type of fabrics or materials we use, the colors, the patterns of the textile and all the embellishments we add.
Full Draperies provide height and most of the time formality, valances are less formal, they are great in certain areas, like over the sink windows in kitchens, small window in a bathroom or in children’s rooms.
Here is a short video for you to see many styles of draperies and valances, Please let us know which one you like best.
Call us for free estimates and more creative ideas (630)420-0800.
The video below provides designs by Susan Gailani. The innovative designs and quality draperies were for the beautiful homes of Chicago Metro area and it’s suburbs.
For estimates and more creative ideas call(630)420-0800
Custom Draperies, bedding and soft furnishing are our specialty.
As a hunter Douglas dealer we carry the full line of blinds, shadings and shutters
Call us for free estimate(630)420-0800.
Gailani Designs Inc, was the recipient of “Best of Houzz 2014 in customer satisfaction and Design”
What is Houzz?
PALO ALTO, Calif., February 4, 2014 – Houzz (www.houzz.com), the leading platform for home remodeling and design, today announced the community’s picks for Best Of Houzz 2014, a homeowner to homeowner guide to the top home builders, architects, interior designers, contractors and other residential remodeling professionals on Houzz, both in the U.S. and around the world.
“By providing homeowners with the most comprehensive view of home professionals – from images of their work and client reviews to an opportunity to interact directly with them on the Houzz site and app – Houzz empowers homeowners to find and hire the right professional to execute their vision,” said Liza Hausman, vice president of community. “Each year, our community of homeowners and home design enthusiasts recognizes the home building, remodeling & design professionals delivering the best customer experience and the most inspiring and innovative designs.”
The Best Of Houzz award is given in two categories: Customer Satisfaction and Design. Customer Satisfaction honors are determined by a variety of factors, including the number and quality of client reviews a professional received in 2013. Design award winners’ work was the most popular among the more than 16 million monthly users on Houzz, known as “Houzzers,” who saved more than 230 million professional images of home interiors and exteriors to their personal ideabooks via the Houzz site, iPad/iPhone app and Android app. Winners will receive a “Best Of Houzz 2014” badge on their profiles, showing the Houzz community their commitment to excellence. These badges help homeowners identify popular and top-rated home professionals in every metro area on Houzz.
Top designs overall can be found here: http://www.houzz.com/user/bestofhouzz2014
Take a look at our profile on Houzz!
Silk Valance gets(Bedazzled)!
I was hired to design a valance for a master bath. We were looking for fabrics that has shimmer, sparkle, and (bling)!We found this gorgeous silk fabric with rhinestones attached to the fabric. The dilemma was the cost per yard for that fabric was over $350.00 per yard! This was totally out of budget.
Here what we did:
Found moderately priced dupioni silk, we stapled on the edges rhinestones with a bedazzle gun , and Viola!!!
A beautiful valance that is unique, we have achieved our goal, and most importantly the client is tickled pink!
Call (630) 420-0800 for free estimate.
New trends in design 2014!
The home decorating industry it gets influenced by the fashion industry. What you see in the fashion world as far as trends, colors and styles get adapted in the home furnishing and interior design world.
As an example:
1) we see freedom in decorating, more of an eclectic style and the trend of mixing rather than matching. Mixing of different types of woods, mix of rustic styles with ultra-modern ones.
Example using woven wood shades with silk panels.
2) The use of motorized shades and window covering. Especially windows that are high, windows that are hard to reach (over a bath tub, or over the sink in the kitchen). Also motorization is used for child and pet safety. Motorization is becoming very affordable and really easy to program and use. We carry many brands Like Hunter Douglas, Graber, Comfortex, and recently we added Serena shades by Lutron that is an excellent brand and very affordable. Take a look at the video below:
3) The use of heavy draperies is out, now we see stationary side panels, sheers over silk or velvet instead of the sheers being under the heavy draperies. Creating the hotel look in master bedrooms by using room darkening materials as the first layer the sheer draperies as a second layer.
Here Is an example:
4) New ways to use embellishments and very unique trims, braids and tassels.
5) colors with gray undertones, especially in neutrals and strong pop of colors that are clear tones as accents.
6)We see fabrics with birds motif:
7) The Chevron Motif:
Woven woods are a great way to dress a window, the texture of the material, the variety of colors, and the different ways it is woven, it gives the clients many options to select from. Woven woods are made from grasses, reeds and bamboo, therefore they are considered a green approach to dress a window.
Woven wood window covering they look wonderful in a casual setting as well as in a formal room. To combine them with silk draperies for example, they can look fabulous and provide the element of surprise or the unexpected!
The treatment can be lined for privacy, also they can be lined with room darkening lining for bed rooms or media rooms.
A boarder at the bottom of the shade or on all three sides, the bottom, as well as the right and left sides, can be added in a coordinating fabric or trim. This features gives more design options to select from.
For more ideas and free estimate call (630) 420-0800 or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gailani Designs Inc, carries many brands of woven wood shades,including Horizons that will be displayed in the video below:
The video below gives you some ideas of the use of Woven wood shades, enjoy!
There are so many drapery styles you can select from for your home! There are many things you need to consider while planning your drapery design:
- Your personal style, whether it is Traditional,Contemporary, Modern,Mediterranean or any other style. Also whether you like full length panels,valances, shades, or blinds.
- Light control, and if you like to allow more or less light in! Generally people are concerned about their furniture and flooring from the damaging UV rays.
- Privacy such as in the bedrooms, or perhaps less of it when your window opens to a beautiful view and you do not want to block it.
- Your window limitation, for example, do we have enough room to have blinds to mount inside the window, do we have room to install a valance or a rod above the window?
- The architecture of the room, and the shape of the window it self, is the window arched? What type of trim does it have? Is it tall or does it have a transom?
For your convenience we offer free estimate and consultation, call (630)420-0800
Below are few designs of drapery treatments we have designed:
Now is a great time to start thinking of updating the look of your home and get ready for the fall! No matter what holiday you celebrate in your home, now is a great opportunity to improve your décor, by making rooms more comfortable, and save energy dollars as well. Just by looking at your windows, with custom window fashions, and the change they provide, that will make you love your rooms, as well as implementing various energy- efficient materials and technologies that are as gorgeous as they are sensible!
All ideas and possibilities will come to you to consider, without leaving the comfort of your home! We can spend one hour that is totally complimentary, we will go over what appeals to you, what works and what fits your budget!
Weather it is one window or many, we will bring our experience, knowledge, and talent to create a drop dead gorgeous window treatments that is totally you! Call us for free estimate (630) 420-0800.