A custom cornice was designed for a young artist! She is very creative, artistic not only in painting, she is an amazing dancer, she loves animals, and she has a collection of masks displayed on the wall that represents Central America’s culture.
The room was painted in deep blue, and the room backs to a yard with many trees.
Here was the challenge: The room is dark and has no definition, and the design has to appeal to my young client to reflect her artistic personality, her love of animals and birds, and her love of the culture of Central America.
The design included a cornice that was made from three sections, the sides on the left and write projected a bit forward, more than the middle section that almost resembled two columns.
A light blue fabric was used for the cornice to create a definition to the window, the two sides were embellished with real feathers that were inserted in the center. The color of the feathers was deep red that popped out to draw the attention and a printed linen panels were installed under the side cornices to provide further definition to the window. The fabric was printed with feathers in different sizes and various colors of blues and aqua. The finished product was unique in design and material selection. Our young artist was very happy. I am sharing what testimonial I have received from her mom.
Her mom wrote a testimonial on Houzz:
I asked Susan to create a window treatment for my teenage daughter’s bonus room. The room lacked direction and theme. Susan took the time to really get to know my daughter and interviewed her to get a sense of her interests and desires. My daughter’s love of animals and art inspired
Susan to create a window treatment that is an art piece in itself. She incorporated beautiful feathers on a 3D valence! This room was once without direction, but now is personalized and inspirational- exactly what my daughter wanted. Thank you Susan!
For more information and a free consultation and an estimate call (630) 854-9082 or (630)420-0800.
We finished installing new draperies for one of our clients in Burr Ridge Illinois!
These were the clients requirements:
- Allow as much light as possible to come in the room.
- Unique draperies that will make a statement.
- The draperies must have a masculine feel.
- The draperies must blend and coordinate with the furnishings that exists already in the room.
How did we meet the clients requirements?
- We created panels that are stationary and will cover small part of the window only.
- The design, the combination of fabrics and the use of the hardware is very unique.
- By using faux leather, velvet, nail heads in the cornice and how they all were put together, made the treatment have a masculine feel.
- The room was painted a very beautiful, warm golden yellow, the furniture had brown, gold and salmon pink as far as colors. The chairs were over sized with nail heads as a detail. Our treatment had the same colors, had a nice combination of textures, and the way it worked together it was amazing! When our client walked in the room that is what she said : ” you are an artist!”
See below and tell me what you think:
To all my clients and prospective clients from Burr Ridge, Hinsdale, Clarendon Hills, Oak Brook, Willow brook, and all the Western Suburbs of Chicago!
Here are some cornice ideas for you:
Studies has shown that about 40% of the heat in a space can be lost through windows that are uncovered or poorly covered!
Therefore, planning the design of the window treatment carefully is a key for reducing heat loss and having an energy efficient home.
Cornices are ideal to seal the top of the window and prevent cold air from coming into a space.
Cornices can look stylish, very elegant and have a modernized look that can go well with any Decor.
Below are pictures of custom cornices designed for a client in Westmont Illinois, with draperies, for maximum energy efficiency.
I would like to share the Modern Novelties collection from the Kravet Couture fabrics.
Total luxury and style for your windows.
Notice the unique fabrics with metallic threads, intricate embroideries, open cutouts, and the delicate sheers.
If you are looking for the extra ordinary, and the luxurious experience, we have it! call us (630) 420-0800.
I have noticed that most of the houses I visit that have cornices are very ordinary and even sometimes boring!
A cornice board can be stunning, and very unique! Below are some ideas to add more interest and beauty:
- Vary the textures, add various fabrics.
- Add unusual trims and embellishments such as trims with beads, feathers, shells, crystals, or unique tassels.
- Do you have arches in your room and you like to emphasis this architectural feature? Have the lower edge of your cornice to follow the arches! Your guests will notice.
- Add buttons, metal nails and tassels.
- How about adding ruffles, banding or pleats.
These were my ideas! How about your ideas, would you like to share?
Please call us for any questions or inquiry (630) 420-0800.