We have noticed the past few years that the way to dress a window has become simple and practical!
Simple drapery panels have been the trend for many years now, most homeowners might start with blinds for privacy or sun control, then stationary panels are added for adding warmth, style, and to dress-up a room.
One can use a very simple panel treatment, one color panel, that will add color or texture, or sometimes the drapery panel can have more details that might bring more character to the room.
Here are few ideas that can be used to create style and character to the room:
- Adding Buttons: Buttons would definitely change the overall look of a panel, it can be added to the bottom of pleats, on the sides
- Creating a layered look using two fabrics over each other for one stationary panel: You can have the first fabric as the first layer and the second layer in sheer that lays on top of the first layer.
- Selecting unique fabric to make a statement: The type of fabric in terms of pattern, color, texture, and type can create a huge impact. The image below has a very distinctive pattern that enhances the furnishing and the rest of the room and surrounding The fabric in the image above shows a cut-out fabric that adds a fun textural element to the room.
For a distinctive and unique custom, drapery designs call us at (630) 420-0800
We offer a complimentary consultation and estimates!
comment frequently heard when clients are considering a window treatment – whether a privacy shade or a decorative treatment – or both. Elegant window fashions, well designed, are a complement to any view.
Well designed window treatment will compliment the window and the view.
The image above (found on Line) shows the draperies on one side of the window, it does not affect the view at all and it can cut the glare when needed.
This image shows a bay window dressed with roman shades that can be pulled up to almost clear the window, and side panels on each side. Notice how the panels turn to allow more view of the outside.
The above room is a perfect example on how the draperies added opulence and beauty without affecting the view.
If you are working with a window covering designer you need to express your desire to not block the view, he or she will come up with solutions to help you achieve your goal.
For a complimentary design consultation and an estimate call (630)420-0800.
Draperies might be the last thing that we think about, yet they are what finish the room, add warmth, and richness.
Whether it’s full drapery panels, valances or shades, we can create the look or mood we desire in any room by the type of fabrics or materials we use, the colors, the patterns of the textile and all the embellishments we add.
Full Draperies provide height and most of the time formality, valances are less formal, they are great in certain areas, like over the sink windows in kitchens, small window in a bathroom or in children’s rooms.
Here is a short video for you to see many styles of draperies and valances, Please let us know which one you like best.
Call us for free estimates and more creative ideas (630)420-0800.
The video below provides designs by Susan Gailani. The innovative designs and quality draperies were for the beautiful homes of Chicago Metro area and it’s suburbs.
For estimates and more creative ideas call(630)420-0800
Any style, traditional, transitional, modern, or eclectic, we will create the style for you. We will work with your budget and at your own pace!
For free estimate and consultation call(630)420-0800
Drapery Tie backs, from out dated ordinary to exceptional extraordinary!
Who said that all drapery tie backs should be the same? Out dated three inch band just functional, hold the drapery back, and boring!
How about making a huge statement with just the tie back?
Now Imagine that a simple silk drapery panel with a tie back that has the wow factor!
Take a look, let me know, what do you think?
Call us for free estimate(630)420-0800
Gailani Designs Inc, was the recipient of “Best of Houzz 2014 in customer satisfaction and Design”
What is Houzz?
PALO ALTO, Calif., February 4, 2014 – Houzz (www.houzz.com), the leading platform for home remodeling and design, today announced the community’s picks for Best Of Houzz 2014, a homeowner to homeowner guide to the top home builders, architects, interior designers, contractors and other residential remodeling professionals on Houzz, both in the U.S. and around the world.
“By providing homeowners with the most comprehensive view of home professionals – from images of their work and client reviews to an opportunity to interact directly with them on the Houzz site and app – Houzz empowers homeowners to find and hire the right professional to execute their vision,” said Liza Hausman, vice president of community. “Each year, our community of homeowners and home design enthusiasts recognizes the home building, remodeling & design professionals delivering the best customer experience and the most inspiring and innovative designs.”
The Best Of Houzz award is given in two categories: Customer Satisfaction and Design. Customer Satisfaction honors are determined by a variety of factors, including the number and quality of client reviews a professional received in 2013. Design award winners’ work was the most popular among the more than 16 million monthly users on Houzz, known as “Houzzers,” who saved more than 230 million professional images of home interiors and exteriors to their personal ideabooks via the Houzz site, iPad/iPhone app and Android app. Winners will receive a “Best Of Houzz 2014” badge on their profiles, showing the Houzz community their commitment to excellence. These badges help homeowners identify popular and top-rated home professionals in every metro area on Houzz.
Top designs overall can be found here: http://www.houzz.com/user/bestofhouzz2014
Take a look at our profile on Houzz!
Silk Valance gets(Bedazzled)!
I was hired to design a valance for a master bath. We were looking for fabrics that has shimmer, sparkle, and (bling)!We found this gorgeous silk fabric with rhinestones attached to the fabric. The dilemma was the cost per yard for that fabric was over $350.00 per yard! This was totally out of budget.
Here what we did:
Found moderately priced dupioni silk, we stapled on the edges rhinestones with a bedazzle gun , and Viola!!!
A beautiful valance that is unique, we have achieved our goal, and most importantly the client is tickled pink!
Call (630) 420-0800 for free estimate.
New trends in design 2014!
The home decorating industry it gets influenced by the fashion industry. What you see in the fashion world as far as trends, colors and styles get adapted in the home furnishing and interior design world.
As an example:
1) we see freedom in decorating, more of an eclectic style and the trend of mixing rather than matching. Mixing of different types of woods, mix of rustic styles with ultra-modern ones.
Example using woven wood shades with silk panels.
2) The use of motorized shades and window covering. Especially windows that are high, windows that are hard to reach (over a bath tub, or over the sink in the kitchen). Also motorization is used for child and pet safety. Motorization is becoming very affordable and really easy to program and use. We carry many brands Like Hunter Douglas, Graber, Comfortex, and recently we added Serena shades by Lutron that is an excellent brand and very affordable. Take a look at the video below:
3) The use of heavy draperies is out, now we see stationary side panels, sheers over silk or velvet instead of the sheers being under the heavy draperies. Creating the hotel look in master bedrooms by using room darkening materials as the first layer the sheer draperies as a second layer.
Here Is an example:
4) New ways to use embellishments and very unique trims, braids and tassels.
5) colors with gray undertones, especially in neutrals and strong pop of colors that are clear tones as accents.
6)We see fabrics with birds motif:
7) The Chevron Motif: