We have noticed the past few years that the way to dress a window has become simple and practical!
Simple drapery panels have been the trend for many years now, most homeowners might start with blinds for privacy or sun control, then stationary panels are added for adding warmth, style, and to dress-up a room.
One can use a very simple panel treatment, one color panel, that will add color or texture, or sometimes the drapery panel can have more details that might bring more character to the room.
Here are few ideas that can be used to create style and character to the room:
- Adding Buttons: Buttons would definitely change the overall look of a panel, it can be added to the bottom of pleats, on the sides
- Creating a layered look using two fabrics over each other for one stationary panel: You can have the first fabric as the first layer and the second layer in sheer that lays on top of the first layer.
- Selecting unique fabric to make a statement: The type of fabric in terms of pattern, color, texture, and type can create a huge impact. The image below has a very distinctive pattern that enhances the furnishing and the rest of the room and surrounding The fabric in the image above shows a cut-out fabric that adds a fun textural element to the room.
For a distinctive and unique custom, drapery designs call us at (630) 420-0800
We offer a complimentary consultation and estimates!
Unity in a neighborhood is nice, but what we really want is a home that expresses our unique personality; one in which our friends and family say “WOW!” when they walk in. In Hinsdale, Burr Ridge, Oak brook, Illinois homeowners generally start with the unified look of Blinds, Shades and Shutters for light control and privacy and then add the WOW impact with custom window treatments. Draperies, fabric shades and top treatments will give you a unique look and the WOW you want. Great decorating ideas that help you express your own uniqueness using custom draperies, blinds, shades or shutters in Hinsdale, Burr Ridge and Oak brook, Illinois are my specialty at Gailani Designs. It’s easy to get started with my free In-home consultation and also free phone consultation, you can gather your thoughts and begin the look you have always desired.
Free Design Consultation, or free Phone consultation (630) 420-0800
The client request for this beautiful dining room was to keep the window as open as possible to let the light in, and to have long drapery panels on each side of the bay window.The home is traditional with many neoclassic features, therefore, the design of the draperies has to compliment the architecture, as well as enhance the window it self.
Here was our approach:
- Have silk drapery panels at each corner of the bay, the panels are shirred tight to keep them slim in order to allow the light in and not to block the window.
- The embroidered fabric used for the swags has tied in the colors of the upholstery on the chairs with the drapery panels.
- The swags with it’s fringe, the drapery panels and they way they break on the floor, it supports the neoclassic ambiance.
For free estimate or consultation call(630)420-0800.
Silky and textured!
This is a great example of mixing textures with smooth and silky. Note the picture below:
The sheers has a soft texture to it, the side panels are out of silk! The combination is dynamic, what do you think? Let me know whether you agree or Not!
We offer free estimates (630)420-0800.
#Draperies#custom draperies#curtains#Interior designer#Window treatments
Springtime is here, and we´re starting to feel the positive effects of longer days and more direct sunlight. Just looking outside can make you feel good. And when your window treatments help you save on energy dollars, you can feel even better! There are many great (and beautiful!) window fashions products and styles that can preserve your views of the outdoors, allowing varying degrees of sunlight in, while keeping harmful direct sunlight´s UV rays from damaging your interiors. Some even have the additional quality of reflecting much of what overheats your rooms in full summer sunshine, saving you valuable heating and cooling dollars. Amazing shades and blinds engineered to keep winter temps warm inside (as well as summer temps cooler) can also bring custom tailored beauty into your home. I´d love to show you these fabulous concepts and designs, so you can save money now and upgrade your home at the same time!
Gailani Design Inc, is a design firm specializing in custom draperies, shades, blinds, shutters and motorized window treatments. We have serviced clients in all the Chicago land, such as, Burr Ridge, Oak Brook, Hinsdale, Willow brook, Clarendon Hills, Lemont, Elmhurst, Glen Ellyn, La Grange and more..
Call us for a free design consultation and free estimates! (630) 420-0800
To dress a tall window is an art! Take a look below, and if you have a tall window or a window that is challenging to dress call (630)420-0800, we offer free estimate!
Take a look below, custom draperies was installed, the client is very happy, the finished product looks very much like what she pictured!
Call us for free estimate(630)420-0800
March is the Month of Rebirth!
What I mean by rebirth is to give new life to your rooms! Even if you are satisfied with the look of your spaces, it does not hurt to try something new and exciting!
Some ideas for different changes can be an add-on, a partial change, or a total make over! An add-on can be a new accessory, for example changing the hardware of a treatment, adding a banner, swag, or tassels. A partial change could be having new shades and replacing the old, dated ones with new fresh ones while keeping the draperies or valances. Or perhaps you are due for a total room makeover! Whatever the case might be, it is always a good idea to bring in some changes to your space to add joy, energy, optimism, and happiness into your life.
Here are some ideas to think about that will help in creating an updated look:
- Think reupholster: Give an old piece of furniture a totally new look by not only changing the fabric, but also changing the shape of the arm and the back. You can add a skirt, or add nails, buttons, cords or tassels! The picture below is of a set of dining chairs with new upholstery. We gave it a smart, new look by having tapestry seats and velvet backs. The old chairs were boring with off-white, ordinary fabric.
- Think new updated finish: Give an old table or chair a new updated look with faux finish. See the video below for a table that was oak to match the chairs, but now has a totally updated look with a new finish.
- Think slip covers: Slip covers are in fashion now and you can have a fun slip cover for one or more pieces of furniture to create a new ambiance in a room.
- Think of new throw pillows: A group of new custom pillows on your sofa, bed or chase can bring new colors, textures and add patterns to any room.
- Think reversible: You can try drapery panels that have two faces and you can reverse them as needed. You can have a valance with two faces and use Velcro to attach it to a board, and when you are tired of one face, rip it off and reveres it. The throw panels below have a burned brick color and are lined with a champagne off-white color. Our goal was to use the brick color for now and if the furniture changes in the future, the neutral color will still work, or if the house is put on the market for sale, it will help the prospective buyers to visualize themselves using the same draperies for a while without going through new purchases right away.
Below are reversible throw panels, Burr Ridge Illinois
- Think attachable: Have you thought of adding banners, flags, swags, bows, jabots and any other piece you can think off? I have designed draperies with changeable banners to go with different rugs, to change with the seasons, and my client loved it! Take a look at the pictures below and tell me how many variations you can think of when you look at the treatment. How many can you make for picture A and how many for picture B? I have 5 Starbucks gift cards with $5.00 on each and I am sending it to the first 5 people who respond with the right answers! Have a cup of coffee on me!