We have noticed the past few years that the way to dress a window has become simple and practical!
Simple drapery panels have been the trend for many years now, most homeowners might start with blinds for privacy or sun control, then stationary panels are added for adding warmth, style, and to dress-up a room.
One can use a very simple panel treatment, one color panel, that will add color or texture, or sometimes the drapery panel can have more details that might bring more character to the room.
Here are few ideas that can be used to create style and character to the room:
- Adding Buttons: Buttons would definitely change the overall look of a panel, it can be added to the bottom of pleats, on the sides
- Creating a layered look using two fabrics over each other for one stationary panel: You can have the first fabric as the first layer and the second layer in sheer that lays on top of the first layer.
- Selecting unique fabric to make a statement: The type of fabric in terms of pattern, color, texture, and type can create a huge impact. The image below has a very distinctive pattern that enhances the furnishing and the rest of the room and surrounding The fabric in the image above shows a cut-out fabric that adds a fun textural element to the room.
For a distinctive and unique custom, drapery designs call us at (630) 420-0800
We offer a complimentary consultation and estimates!
The client’s style is modern. She likes simplicity and strives to find unique items for her home. The Baker dining set was purchased years ago for a modern urban home. The challenge was to create contemporary-style window coverings to complement a space with traditional touches – such as the crystal chandelier that came with the house – which she was not ready to change.
The client wanted privacy at night and semi-privacy during the day, to diffuse a less-than-desirable view of a brick wall. She wanted formality and said she loves metallic, sparkly fabrics and décor.
Allure from Lafayette provided the privacy and semi-privacy she was after. Several of its fabrics have shimmery, metallic characteristics. One nice discovery was that the mounting space was perfect for an inside mount, the client’s preference.
The depth and texture of the drapery fabric were a perfect choice. The cut-outs gave it a unique look, and the color provided enough contrast to be interesting but not so much as to distract from the room’s other focal points.
The client absolutely loves the fluttering effect the draperies have whenever the air conditioning is on. (I had noticed air registers on each side of the windows, and I knew the fabric cut-outs would move when air circulated around the fabric. So happy the client appreciates my vision!)
When it comes to custom draperies, there are so many things to look for:
- Quality: It is known that custom draperies are costly, therefore the quality of the material and craftsmanship can not be compromised.
- Perfect fit: When a suite or an outfit is custom made for a customer, it is expected to fit perfectly. Custom draperies must fit perfectly to the window it was designed for. Perfect length, proportions, and style.
- Enhance the architecture of the room: The windows in any room are an important architectural feature, therefore, the draperies, or any other treatment must add and enhance the room’s architecture.
- Compliment the Decor: The window treatment in the room has to work well with the Decor, and add beauty and elegance to the room. The window treatment not only compliment the colors, and style.
For free estimate call: (630)420-0800
Unity in a neighborhood is nice, but what we really want is a home that expresses our unique personality; one in which our friends and family say “WOW!” when they walk in. In Hinsdale, Burr Ridge, Oak brook, Illinois homeowners generally start with the unified look of Blinds, Shades and Shutters for light control and privacy and then add the WOW impact with custom window treatments. Draperies, fabric shades and top treatments will give you a unique look and the WOW you want. Great decorating ideas that help you express your own uniqueness using custom draperies, blinds, shades or shutters in Hinsdale, Burr Ridge and Oak brook, Illinois are my specialty at Gailani Designs. It’s easy to get started with my free In-home consultation and also free phone consultation, you can gather your thoughts and begin the look you have always desired.
Free Design Consultation, or free Phone consultation (630) 420-0800
Drapery Tie backs, from out dated ordinary to exceptional extraordinary!
Who said that all drapery tie backs should be the same? Out dated three inch band just functional, hold the drapery back, and boring!
How about making a huge statement with just the tie back?
Now Imagine that a simple silk drapery panel with a tie back that has the wow factor!
Take a look, let me know, what do you think?
Call us for free estimate(630)420-0800
Draperies for a girl’s bed room in Hinsdale Illinois!
A little girl’s bed room gets a sweet window treatment, in Hinsdale Illinois!
I get a call to design drapery treatment for a two years old girl, and here are the client’s requirements:
- A classic design that will work now and will work later when she is older.
- A design for the room that can be easily changed in the future to an extra guest bedroom.
- A child safe environment.
- A treatment that will be energy efficient.
Take a look:
How did we meet our clients requirements?
Here is the answer:
- A Kingston valance was selected for it’s classic look, the pink silk, gives the room a feminine feel, it is very simple yet elegant.
- The style works for now, it will still work when the girl is older and it will make a wonderful guest bedroom for the future with minimal changes.
- Shutters was the choice for privacy, energy efficiency, and child safety! That is correct, since there is no cords to worry about injury and it meets the child safety requirements.
For more information, free estimate call (630)420-0800
Shutters were selected as a window treatment for this little girl’s bedroom in Hinsdale IL. With shutters there is no cord to worry about injury or an accident, it is durable and provides insulation. The shutters were the first layer, then we added side panels and a valance to personalize the room and add warmth. The valances were trimmed with self cord to give a clean finished look.
Call (630) 420-0800 for free estimate and free consultation.
Our client in Hinsdale, Illinois wanted a country-style bedroom.We have used the room you see below as a sample. The room was designed for our client who resides in Naperville, and the project was done a while ago. The fabric selections, style and colors were based on Door county style.
We have achieved the country look by using painted antique furniture. The patch work quilt and pillow shams were the clients own items and we used them as our base for the design. Mint and lime green, tangerine, and slate blue were the colors for our scheme. Using two sized checks for the body and the trim gives the valances a fresh look and a touch of whimsy. the upholstered head-board in white canvas, trimmed in the tiny checks added to the general country feel of the room. Adding pillows provides coziness that will welcome any guest!
As for our client in Hinsdale, we are in the early stages of selecting fabrics and drapery design. We will share with you the room as soon as it is done!
For a free estimate call (630) 420-0800.
New trends in design 2014!
The home decorating industry it gets influenced by the fashion industry. What you see in the fashion world as far as trends, colors and styles get adapted in the home furnishing and interior design world.
As an example:
1) we see freedom in decorating, more of an eclectic style and the trend of mixing rather than matching. Mixing of different types of woods, mix of rustic styles with ultra-modern ones.
Example using woven wood shades with silk panels.
2) The use of motorized shades and window covering. Especially windows that are high, windows that are hard to reach (over a bath tub, or over the sink in the kitchen). Also motorization is used for child and pet safety. Motorization is becoming very affordable and really easy to program and use. We carry many brands Like Hunter Douglas, Graber, Comfortex, and recently we added Serena shades by Lutron that is an excellent brand and very affordable. Take a look at the video below:
3) The use of heavy draperies is out, now we see stationary side panels, sheers over silk or velvet instead of the sheers being under the heavy draperies. Creating the hotel look in master bedrooms by using room darkening materials as the first layer the sheer draperies as a second layer.
Here Is an example:
4) New ways to use embellishments and very unique trims, braids and tassels.
5) colors with gray undertones, especially in neutrals and strong pop of colors that are clear tones as accents.
6)We see fabrics with birds motif:
7) The Chevron Motif: