We have noticed the past few years that the way to dress a window has become simple and practical!
Simple drapery panels have been the trend for many years now, most homeowners might start with blinds for privacy or sun control, then stationary panels are added for adding warmth, style, and to dress-up a room.
One can use a very simple panel treatment, one color panel, that will add color or texture, or sometimes the drapery panel can have more details that might bring more character to the room.
Here are few ideas that can be used to create style and character to the room:
- Adding Buttons: Buttons would definitely change the overall look of a panel, it can be added to the bottom of pleats, on the sides
- Creating a layered look using two fabrics over each other for one stationary panel: You can have the first fabric as the first layer and the second layer in sheer that lays on top of the first layer.
- Selecting unique fabric to make a statement: The type of fabric in terms of pattern, color, texture, and type can create a huge impact. The image below has a very distinctive pattern that enhances the furnishing and the rest of the room and surrounding The fabric in the image above shows a cut-out fabric that adds a fun textural element to the room.
For a distinctive and unique custom, drapery designs call us at (630) 420-0800
We offer a complimentary consultation and estimates!
Unity in a neighborhood is nice, but what we really want is a home that expresses our unique personality; one in which our friends and family say “WOW!” when they walk in. In Hinsdale, Burr Ridge, Oak brook, Illinois homeowners generally start with the unified look of Blinds, Shades and Shutters for light control and privacy and then add the WOW impact with custom window treatments. Draperies, fabric shades and top treatments will give you a unique look and the WOW you want. Great decorating ideas that help you express your own uniqueness using custom draperies, blinds, shades or shutters in Hinsdale, Burr Ridge and Oak brook, Illinois are my specialty at Gailani Designs. It’s easy to get started with my free In-home consultation and also free phone consultation, you can gather your thoughts and begin the look you have always desired.
Free Design Consultation, or free Phone consultation (630) 420-0800
Seems like ages ago when what you hung up in front of your windows were simple curtains. Over the years though, so many incredible designs, styles, fabrics, technology and innovations have turned “curtains” into the most elegant and personal statement you can make when it comes to home decor. With options like creative valances, sumptuous cornice designs, acres of fabric, gorgeous ornamentation, hardware or tassels, and the look and feel becomes pure luxury. The key is finding and selecting the perfect fabric to achieve your design goal.
Casual elegance can be achieved with textured fabrics. Shimmering silks, blends and new synthetics can bring an elegance that makes your rooms shine. Multi-layered effects help achieve depth at any window. Add fabric sheers, shadings, and blinds beneath custom-designed draperies and you’ll be making the ultimate décor statement.
Drapery designs by Susan Gailani
Selecting the proper window coverings can be a daunting task. There are a lot of things that need to be considered; the architecture of the window, the style of the room, privacy, sun control, fabric type, function, and hardware. There are many options available on the market today and window coverings have never been more important and cost-effective.
Window coverings can provide energy efficiency in a home as well as privacy and security. They can protect your furniture, flooring, and artwork from the damaging rays of the dun. The cellular shade provides full privacy, blocks harmful UV rays, and softly filters in light for a beautiful effect. And the best part is that it comes at an affordable price.
The honeycomb construction of this blind allows heat to be trapped in its core keeping your room cooler in the summer and improving the efficiency of your air conditioner. In the winter, this blind traps the drafts, preventing the cold air from entering the room.
Window coverings take your décor to a new level. A naked window at night becomes a big black hole and can make a room feel cold and empty. Fabric on the window is an easy add on, an interesting way to introduce pattern, color, texture, interest, balance, and beauty to a room’s décor.
Often clients say that they don’t want to cover their windows because they enjoy their view. Privacy and sun control aside, a simple, well designed window covering will actually frame the view, enhancing it while providing a certain look and coziness to the room. In my opinion, no window should ever be bare.
Call (630)420-0800 for free design consultation
Drapery Tie backs, from out dated ordinary to exceptional extraordinary!
Who said that all drapery tie backs should be the same? Out dated three inch band just functional, hold the drapery back, and boring!
How about making a huge statement with just the tie back?
Now Imagine that a simple silk drapery panel with a tie back that has the wow factor!
Take a look, let me know, what do you think?
Call us for free estimate(630)420-0800
There are so many drapery styles you can select from for your home! There are many things you need to consider while planning your drapery design:
- Your personal style, whether it is Traditional,Contemporary, Modern,Mediterranean or any other style. Also whether you like full length panels,valances, shades, or blinds.
- Light control, and if you like to allow more or less light in! Generally people are concerned about their furniture and flooring from the damaging UV rays.
- Privacy such as in the bedrooms, or perhaps less of it when your window opens to a beautiful view and you do not want to block it.
- Your window limitation, for example, do we have enough room to have blinds to mount inside the window, do we have room to install a valance or a rod above the window?
- The architecture of the room, and the shape of the window it self, is the window arched? What type of trim does it have? Is it tall or does it have a transom?
For your convenience we offer free estimate and consultation, call (630)420-0800
Below are few designs of drapery treatments we have designed:
Hunter Douglas Architella shades were the solution to reduce cost of heating for one of our Oak Brook Clients!
Please watch the video below to understand the benefit of Hunter Douglas shades:
Gailani Designs, is a provider of Hunter Douglas products! For free estimate call (630)420-0800
Sometimes an ordinary outfit becomes extraordinary just by throwing on a unique piece of jewelry, wearing silky scarves, or having one-of-a-kind purses or shoes! You create your own fashions that are totally unique!
Silky and textured!
This is a great example of mixing textures with smooth and silky. Note the picture below:
The sheers has a soft texture to it, the side panels are out of silk! The combination is dynamic, what do you think? Let me know whether you agree or Not!
We offer free estimates (630)420-0800.