We have noticed the past few years that the way to dress a window has become simple and practical!
Simple drapery panels have been the trend for many years now, most homeowners might start with blinds for privacy or sun control, then stationary panels are added for adding warmth, style, and to dress-up a room.
One can use a very simple panel treatment, one color panel, that will add color or texture, or sometimes the drapery panel can have more details that might bring more character to the room.
Here are few ideas that can be used to create style and character to the room:
- Adding Buttons: Buttons would definitely change the overall look of a panel, it can be added to the bottom of pleats, on the sides
- Creating a layered look using two fabrics over each other for one stationary panel: You can have the first fabric as the first layer and the second layer in sheer that lays on top of the first layer.
- Selecting unique fabric to make a statement: The type of fabric in terms of pattern, color, texture, and type can create a huge impact. The image below has a very distinctive pattern that enhances the furnishing and the rest of the room and surrounding The fabric in the image above shows a cut-out fabric that adds a fun textural element to the room.
For a distinctive and unique custom, drapery designs call us at (630) 420-0800
We offer a complimentary consultation and estimates!
Silky and textured!
This is a great example of mixing textures with smooth and silky. Note the picture below:
The sheers has a soft texture to it, the side panels are out of silk! The combination is dynamic, what do you think? Let me know whether you agree or Not!
We offer free estimates (630)420-0800.
#Draperies#custom draperies#curtains#Interior designer#Window treatments
Drapery panels are in! Many of my clients are asking for drapery panels, and that is because they have seen them in design magazines or in different stores.
Panels can be very attractive and elegant!
Here are some ideas:
For panels shirred on small rods:
A very large window needed custom window covering to finish the room at a Willow Brook home, Illinois.
The drapery treatment framed the window, it did not disturb the view, and totally finished the room.
The medallions were enlarged by adding an upholstered backing!
Gailani Designs Inc, (630)420-0800.
The illustration below is for draperies ordered for a client in Willowbrook Illinois!
Client’s requirement was:
- Keep the window open and not obstruct the view.
- Have swags to compliment the traditional style of the room.
- Keep it simple and not too ornate.
- Enhance the window, and the graceful arches.
- Keep the cost under $4500.00
How did we meet her requirements:
- Designed the treatment to go around the window and kept the view unobstructed.
- The swags cross one another to create opulence, luxury, and richness without adding extras.
- The swag’s style is simple and works perfect with her existing furnishings as far as style and colors.
- The treatment work well with the window it self and it does not fight it.
- The arches can still be seen, and has kept their grace and beauty.
- The client is thrilled because the price was well under $4500.00!
I love it when the client get a lot more than what they expect! And we are here to exceed their expectation! call us for free estimate(630)420-0800.