Gailani Designs is a Hunter Douglas Dealer, We carry all Hunter Douglas products. Call us for free estimate (630)420-0800.
When I get the request to design a child’s bed room, I get really excited!!!!
Recently I got a call from a Naperville resident to design a valance for his 10 year old daughter, he mentioned that his daughter is into sports and very athletic, she is not much into pinks and frills, she likes her window treatment clean and simple.
He also mentioned the need for shades to keep the sunlight out, to help his daughter to sleep in on weekends and Holidays.
The valance design consisted of four separate parts connected together with lace that resembles athletic shoe. Each part had a curved edge on the bottom of the valance to add that softness and femininity.
Two shades (Room darkening, Applause shades by Hunter Douglas) was provided to keep the sun away as well as providing saving on the energy bills, which came as unexpected bonus to the dad!
If you are in the Chicagoland area and want window coverings for your children’s room, be sure to contact us! We will bring the best out there for your kids’ space. Redecorating a child’s room can be challenging, but I guarantee I will find amazing ideas that will suit both their personality and your budget. Fall is a great time to redecorate your children’s rooms, whether they are heading off to college or simply starting school back up for the year. A bedroom makeover will not only make your child feel special, but also motivate them to work hard in school. Simply, it is a recipe for academic success!
Here are some fun pictures from the web for ideas:
Call (630)420-0800 For free estimates or a free consultation.
How would you describe your draperies: out of the bag and ordinary or one of a kind and extraordinary?
Ask yourself that question but please do not confuse simplicity with ordinary. Simplicity can be elegant and tasteful; ordinary is what you see everywhere: overplayed, overdone, and just not exciting.
People are different. They have different needs, lifestyles, personalities, and tastes. Home décor should reflect this, as well as the house’s own appearance and character. Let’s take window treatments for example—your curtain work has to compliment the window itself, from its shape to its glass material, and, of course, the room in general.
Often, I visit homes with store bought draperies that take away from the integrity of the room. To be quite honest, a room will look better with a naked window than a wrongly dressed one.
Custom window coverings can be simple, affordable, and expressive! Choosing the right combination of fabric and hardware really takes a room to the next level of sophistication. It can also bring comfort and satisfaction to the home owner. We want you to feel good about your personal space!
I cannot stress how important it is for you to be happy and joyful every time you come home. This is my goal as a designer: I strive to assist you in creating a uniquely beautiful home that is totally you!
Feel free to call for a free estimate (630)420-0800
Also visit our Exciting Windows website for more ideas gailaniassoc
Here are some draperies and valances ideas for your enjoyment:
A variety of fabrics, trims and sheers can be combined to create a full range of unique, one-of-a-kind looks for your windows. You may be looking for something functional, like something that will help you with light control, privacy or energy savings. Or you might be looking for the possibility to add that warm touch to your rooms, we are the one stop shop for your window fashion needs.
Gailani Designs, have trained and certified staff, to help you with all your window covering needs. We will come out, measure, design, and provide you with an estimate, all in the first visit!
Valances, draperies, sheers, shutters, motorized treatments,blinds, shades,bedding, pillows and accessories, all can be ordered customized to your style and budget!
For more information call (630) 420-0800.
Recently I had the chance to stay at freshly remodeled Hampton motel in Seattle, Washington. The new design was very well put together and that really effected how I felt during my stay. There was an effort to create that feel of home, relaxing, restful environment.
The most comfortable bed dressed in all white soft linen, made me want to dive right into it!!! The duvet was so downy and soft, bunch of feathery, slouchy pillows, which made me want to stay in bed for that unsurpassed pampering!
Of course I paid close attention to the window treatment. The first layer was a screen shade which totally loved because it defused the bright light and gave the room some privacy and one still could see out. The second layer was draperies with black out lining for total room darkening. Stationary panels in a large print framed the window on each side and a tailored cornice finished the window.
Although there was nothing out of the ordinary about the room but how it was put together, the colors, patterns, and the effort to create comfort, restful feeling, and serenity what made me feel down at home, and I couldn’t help feeling impressed!!!
Here are some photos:
I would like to share the Modern Novelties collection from the Kravet Couture fabrics.
Total luxury and style for your windows.
Notice the unique fabrics with metallic threads, intricate embroideries, open cutouts, and the delicate sheers.
If you are looking for the extra ordinary, and the luxurious experience, we have it! call us (630) 420-0800.
Making a room welcoming and hospitable is the goal when designing guest rooms. Whether designing a guest room in a large suburban space, or in a compact city dwelling, each has its own challenges. With careful planning and creativity, guest rooms will be an expression of the host’s style, hospitality and thoughtfulness.
Here are some tips and ideas when designing a guest room:
- A comfortable bed is a must; consider an extra layer of down to cover the bed for extra comfort.
- Vary the pillows from soft to extra firm and let the guests decide what is more comfortable for them.
- The bed sheets must be soft. Egyptian cotton with a high thread count is recommended. How about adding fresh cotton fragrance when storing the linens? But be sure to ask if your guest has any allergies.
- Upholstered head boards, pillow shams, Euro shams, decorative pillows, bed skirts, and canopies are all items that tell so much about the host.
- Fresh flowers are another way to tell the guest they are important, and they are very much cared about! Again, be sure your guests don’t have allergies. If they do, silk flowers of high quality can be used and will fool anyone into thinking they’re fresh.
- Displaying family pictures, trips, or special events will evoke conversation and discussion of happy times with guests. Another good idea is to have a wall display with words of wisdom. Special quotes framed or stenciled on walls is something to consider.
- Try putting a coffee maker or electric kettle in the room with a selection of high quality teas. Add a silver tray with fine china, various sugars, honey, and a pitcher with glasses for cold water. Guests could enjoy a fresh cup of coffee or tea early in the morning in their own bed room without disturbing the hosting family.
- Incorporate a reading corner with a comfortable chaise or chair, a soft comfy shawl, and a stack of well read books.
- Pay attention to details and add those extra ordinary trims, buttons, tassels, and fringes. Those details say something special about the host.
All the careful planning will bring a smile to guests’ faces, and will give them a wonderful experience they will never forget.
Call us for free consultation: (630) 420-0800
Here are some pictures of details and ideas you can use for your own home!
Here is a video of a guest bed room located at a Naperville residence!
Batiks are made by using a wax resistant dye technique originated in java. Normally the fabrics are cottons or silks that are painted or stamped with melted wax. The fabric is immersed in a dye bath and the waxed area resist the dye. The wax then is removed by applying heat. Batiks have that Eastern feel and will work beautifully with bamboo and rattan furniture and will make gorgeous window treatment combined with woven shades. Some batiks are thin enough to be used as sheers, and some times it can be lined and used as drapery panels. Generally batiks are not strong enough for upholstery use.
We carry fabrics of all types and suitable for all styles and applications, for more information call(630)420-0800.
5 Tips when selecting Custom Window fashions.
Custom Window covering does more to your home than just privacy and light control!
Designing the appropriate window covering not only will enhance the window itself, but it will affect the entire room décor.
There are so many factors that will determine the success of the selection of the window covering, a competent window fashion designer, will ask more questions than just the client’s personal style or preferences, questions like:
- who is going to use the room?
- What part of the day the room will be in use?
- What is the mood that the client wants to be created in the room?
- Are there any architectural elements that will influence the design, such as the molding on the ceiling or perhaps the molding around the window?
- Are the windows arched? Is it going to be enhanced, and emphasized?
Even though the selections and possibilities are vast, below are five tips that will help in starting any window covering project:
- If the room is small and the goal is to make it seem larger and more spacious, then the color choice of the fabric should be as close as possible to the wall. On the other hand if the room is huge and the goal is to make it feel cozier, the colors can have an apparent contrast from the walls and perhaps using large patterns in the fabric will make the walls come forward, and the room will shrink somewhat.
- How about the ceiling, is it too low? Is the goal to make it appear higher? Vertical lines or stripes are a good way to help make the ceilings seem higher, another tip is to install the draperies as close to the ceiling as possible.
- Considering the furniture style, size and placement. Heavy, over sized draperies in a room with delicate, petite furniture will look odd.
- The use and placement of decorative embellishments is another area where attention must be paid. The color and style of the trims, fringes and tassels are important as well as where to place them. Adding a fringe or a trim in the wrong place might ruin the entire look of the drapery.
- Textures are so important in the overall drapery design. Using variety, mixing several together, or bringing in the element of surprise is a key in creating superb, one of a kind drapery.
Beautiful Window covering, will make any room beautiful. Think about it this way, what a Prada purse, or a Tiffany necklace will do to any ordinary dress? I believe, it will make such an impact, the eye will be drawn to it and the simple dress will look stunning, and that’s what we call the wow factor!
That’s what the right window treatment does for you!