To dress a tall window is an art! Take a look below, and if you have a tall window or a window that is challenging to dress call (630)420-0800, we offer free estimate!
What comes to mind when the word romantic is mentioned? Personally I would think of Diamond, sparkle, shimmer, flowers, sheers, vibrant or soft shades of red, orange, pink or purple or any thing that might suggest romance!
As far as draperies, the design as well as the materials used can add a romantic feel to any space whether it is a bed room or not.
The type of fabric and the combination of textures, trims, and finishes, what will set the mood of a room.
Look at the pictures below:
Gailani Designs provides perfect window covering for their clients, and make sure that their clients are happy with their quality innovative designs, products and services.
Here how they work:
- First hour is free.
- Free consultation.
- Free measure service for their clients.
- unique products and designs.
- Professional installations.
- 4 way guarantee.
- Free color consultations with custom window covering purchases.
To schedule your free consultation call Susan (630) 420-0800. Visit our website Gailani Designs
How to create unique draperies for your home or office!
The most noticeable item when entering a room are the draperies or the window treatments. That’s why special attention must be given when designing the window treatment or the draperies.
Here are some tips to follow:
- Use unique colors. Bright, strong colors are now in fashion. Become more adventurous and don’t be afraid of using bold colors.
- Mix different fabrics in one treatment. Have a variety of textures, like mixing smooth and silky with textured and velvety or sheer and transparent with heavy and nubby fabrics.
- Create layers. A panel can have several layers. Imagine a three layered panel, with sheers sandwiched between a layer of silk and velvet. A single panel like that pulled to the side with a unique tassel is enough to make an incredible statement!
- Select one-of-a-kind hardware that will be the focal point of the entire treatment.
- Use embellishments, such as tassels, fringes, trims, buttons, beads …etc. They can turn any ordinary treatment into something extraordinary!
Nowadays we have many choices when it comes to selecting fabric, hardware and embellishments. They can be of natural or man made material, imported or domestic, but that doesn’t mean they have to be expensive. The varying price points make custom window covering affordable to just about everyone!
Gailani Designs is a Hunter Douglas Dealer, We carry all Hunter Douglas products. Call us for free estimate (630)420-0800.
October is the season of cold weather, vibrant colors, apple orchards, pumpkin picking, and Halloween! While your children are dressing up in fun and scary costumes, take some extra time this month to dress up the scary windows in your home.
I’m talking about those difficult, large or odd-shaped windows that don’t have an easy fix when it comes to shades and blinds. Don’t let corner, bow, bay, octagon, arched, trapezoid, or high windows trouble you! There is an effective and affordable way to dress every single kind of window and we are not afraid to take up any window challenges you may have for us!
The window treatment you choose for your more elaborate décor projects should accentuate the natural beauty of that window and its view. You don’t want to hide the architectural details of the window’s design. Work with the shape, don’t hide it!
Here are some tips to wake you up from your window nightmares and get you closer to the home of your dreams:
1) Hard-to-reach windows don’t necessarily need to be dressed since they are usually too high to impede on your privacy. If there are light control issues, i.e. if the sun hits too harshly, look into motorization!
2) Skylights are beautiful assets to any room, but they need to be covered to prevent any harmful rays from destroying your furniture. Again, adjustable shades are ideal here. Look into remote-controlled shades, or simple cellular shades that can be opened and closed with a long wand.
3) Most shutters and blinds can be made to fit any irregularly shaped window. Just call in an expert if you aren’t sure of what to do. We are readily available to help you find a solution that suits you!
How would you describe your draperies: out of the bag and ordinary or one of a kind and extraordinary?
Ask yourself that question but please do not confuse simplicity with ordinary. Simplicity can be elegant and tasteful; ordinary is what you see everywhere: overplayed, overdone, and just not exciting.
People are different. They have different needs, lifestyles, personalities, and tastes. Home décor should reflect this, as well as the house’s own appearance and character. Let’s take window treatments for example—your curtain work has to compliment the window itself, from its shape to its glass material, and, of course, the room in general.
Often, I visit homes with store bought draperies that take away from the integrity of the room. To be quite honest, a room will look better with a naked window than a wrongly dressed one.
Custom window coverings can be simple, affordable, and expressive! Choosing the right combination of fabric and hardware really takes a room to the next level of sophistication. It can also bring comfort and satisfaction to the home owner. We want you to feel good about your personal space!
I cannot stress how important it is for you to be happy and joyful every time you come home. This is my goal as a designer: I strive to assist you in creating a uniquely beautiful home that is totally you!
Feel free to call for a free estimate (630)420-0800
Also visit our Exciting Windows website for more ideas gailaniassoc
Here are some draperies and valances ideas for your enjoyment:
We talked about how important it is to redesign children’s bedrooms to help them get motivated and do well for the new school year.
Now we will talk about how to plan the project:
- As we said before, get the child involved. Have him or her pick a theme. Once the theme is selected, research the colors, designs, fabrics, and textures that you need to create the theme.
- Once you choose the fabrics, decide on the colors to use. Again have the child pick his or her preferred colors. You need about three colors: one major color that will cover 60% of the room, like the walls, a secondary color that will cover 30% of the room, and could be used on furniture, bedding, and draperies, and finally an accent color that will pop up here and there, like pillows, lamps, and decorative accents. The accent color should cover 10% of the room.
- Be creative with the window covering, bedding and your furniture selection. A custom headboard that coordinates with a valance, beautiful decorative pillows, and useful accessories are areas to show talent and creativity.
- Research what is available as far as shades, bedding, and furniture. For example Comfortex has what it is called the Persona shade. The Persona shade is really cool, because it can be customized by using your theme logo, your child’s name, or any design you pick.
- Research what is good for energy saving, room darkening and acoustics to help reduce the noise of the outside world.
- Child safety must be the number one priority when designing a child’s bed room; shades should be cordless to avoid the possibility of chocking or strangling.
- Use materials that are natural fibers and if possible anti allergenic.
- Make sure all furniture fit properly, and the proportions are correct. The room should not be overstuffed.
- Ask about the manufacturer’s guarantee to make sure that what you’re purchasing will last for a long time.
Good luck with your decorating! And please do not hesitate to schedule a free phone consultation! Call (630) 420-0800.
A variety of fabrics, trims and sheers can be combined to create a full range of unique, one-of-a-kind looks for your windows. You may be looking for something functional, like something that will help you with light control, privacy or energy savings. Or you might be looking for the possibility to add that warm touch to your rooms, we are the one stop shop for your window fashion needs.
Gailani Designs, have trained and certified staff, to help you with all your window covering needs. We will come out, measure, design, and provide you with an estimate, all in the first visit!
Valances, draperies, sheers, shutters, motorized treatments,blinds, shades,bedding, pillows and accessories, all can be ordered customized to your style and budget!
For more information call (630) 420-0800.
Plain walls, cream colored upholstered chairs, and naked windows was not what my client wanted for her dining room!
The color scheme: She expressed the desire for warm bright yellows, greens, burned tangerine for a preferred color scheme.
The design: Traditional, but simplified.
Window Treatment: Privacy is important, simple yet elegant draperies, not too traditional, more transitional.
Walls: A modern clean finish.
Here are the solutions: Paint the walls in wide strips in two shades of a slightly muted yellows for bringing energy and stimulating the appetite.
The chairs reupholstered in two different fabrics, the back in a brick colored velvet and a tapestry in yellows greens and burned orange.
Hunter Douglas shades for privacy with drapery panels in soft yellow silk, trimmed in a scrumptious modern trim. The panels added luxury, warmth and the finishing touch the window needed.
Take a look!
Call us for a free estimate(630)420-0800 for more ideas visit gailaniassoc