These Custom draperies had won the 2nd place International award at the Vision annual design competition!
The category of the competition was the creative use of drapery hardware and trim.
Imagine my surprise when I saw this window for the first time! My first thought was, “It is going to be a challenge installing any treatment for this window!”
The client expressed her desire to have the window treatment as “open” as possible since her family likes the light and the beautiful view of the lake. She also said she likes swags. Her third request was to design the window treatment with the chandelier in mind. And she also requested that the color of the fabric complement her existing furnishings and the beautiful Persian rug in the room.
A textured sheer fabric was selected for the cascading swags in order to keep the window open, as the client requested. Layered side panels sweep down from the second tier of the window to the floor, with a slight break to give definition to the window and visually support the swags. The first layer is interlined silk, and the textured sheer used for the swag comes over as a second layer to create a visual connection. The soft mango color of the fabric was selected because it beautifully complements the client’s furnishings.
The hardware was created by connecting several wrought iron pieces from the Helser Brothers Artigiani collection. The pieces selected resemble the chandelier; the crystal pieces were carefully selected and added to create a unique design which looks perfect with the chandelier!
Making a space welcoming and hospitable is the goal when designing guest rooms. Whether designing a guest room in a large suburban space or in a compact city dwelling, each has its own challenges. With careful planning and creativity, guest rooms will be an expression of the host’s style, hospitality, and thoughtfulness.
Here are some tips and ideas when designing a guest room:
- Consider adding a layer of down to cover the bed for extra comfort; a comfortable bed is a must!
- Vary the pillows from soft to extra firm and let the guests decide what is more comfortable for them.
- Buy soft, smooth bed sheets. Egyptian cotton with a high thread count is recommended. How about adding fresh cotton fragrance when storing the linens? (But before doing so, be sure to ask if your guest has any allergies.)
- Add upholstery to add personality. Upholstered headboards, pillow shams, Euro shams, decorative pillows, bed skirts, and canopies tell so much about the host.
- Put a vase of fresh flowers on the bedside table. Flowers are another way to tell the guest they are important and are welcome in the home. Again, be sure your guests don’t have allergies. If they do, silk flowers of high quality can be used and will fool anyone into thinking they’re fresh.
- Display a few photos of family members, trips taken or special events. Photos evoke a conversation with guests and discussions of happy times. Another fun idea is to have a wall display with specially chosen words of wisdom. Special quotes can be framed or stenciled on walls.
- Consider putting a coffee maker or electric kettle in the room with a selection of high-quality teas. Add a silver tray with fine china, various sugars, honey, and a pitcher with glasses for cold water. Doing this ensures that guests can enjoy a fresh cup of coffee or tea early in the morning in their own bedroom without disturbing the hosting family.
- Incorporate a reading corner with a comfortable chaise or chair, a soft comfy shawl, and a stack of well read books.
- Pay attention to details and add those extraordinary trims, buttons, tassels, and fringes. Those details say something special about the host and make guests feel special.
All the careful planning will bring a smile to guests’ faces and will give them a wonderful experience in your guest room that they will never forget.
Call us for free consultation and estimate: (630) 420-0800
Receive $250.00 discount on any order of custom draperies for any bedroom and custom bedding for orders over $2500.00. Offer starts now through March 15th, 2017. Can not be combined with any other offers or promotions.
Here are some pictures of details and ideas you can use for your own home!
So you got your shades, for privacy and light control, but the room still feels not very homey and lacks warmth and comfort!
What adds warmth, and the feel of down- home comfort , are the textures, patterns and colors of fabrics. Whether it is pillows or window treatments such as custom draperies, or valances. By adding valances or draperies your room becomes more personal, cozy and provide that extra comfort!
We provide free consultation and estimate, call (630)420-0800.
Take a look below, see the difference of the windows before the fabric treatment and after!
Often I am asked, what makes your drapery designs different? My answer is, I pay great attention to the details.
- The fabrics: finding the right fabric and mixing it with an accent.
- The hardware, often we design our own.
- Details that adds the punch.
- Extra ordinary trims, fringes, and tassels
- Make sure the draperies enhances the over all design of the room.
Below are some ideas of drapery designs by Susan Gailani:
For free estimates call (630)420-0800
Custom Draperies for Oak Brook Illinois!
I got this request from a client in Oak Brook Illinois to create the same style draperies as what you find in hotels. He wanted room darkening draperies to reduce heat and coolness loss at night and enjoy the view during daytime by using sheers that will cut the glare, gives semi privacy and keeps the view!
Here are the pictures of the room:
Drapery details, what make custom draperies unique!
Call us for free estimates or consultation (630)420-0800
Sometimes an ordinary outfit becomes extraordinary just by throwing on a unique piece of jewelry, wearing silky scarves, or having one-of-a-kind purses or shoes! You create your own fashions that are totally unique!
Dress up your draperies with unique trims and embellishments!
Have you considered finishing your windows with drapery valances?
Valance treatments can be very attractive, affordable, and will expose more of the view if they are used alone with out the side panels.
For free estimates (630)420-0800
Take a look below: