Gailani Designs is a Hunter Douglas Dealer, We carry all Hunter Douglas products. Call us for free estimate (630)420-0800.
When my client from Naperville, IL (Dupage county) called me to redo her living and dinning areas, I was excited, motivated, and pumped up with energy!
I arrived to her place, a beautiful home with large windows, lots of sun and space, we sat down to discuss her needs and her vision of what she wanted the spaces to look like when we finish the project.
She wanted roman shades with stationary side panels for the windows, fresh paint, a new sofa, a rug, the reupholstering of two chairs and accessories!
When we talked about budget, we came up with a plan! We can do it in stages, and we can save by going on a treasure hunt right at her own home! You will be surprised at how many items you can find that can be reused, refurbished, and with a magical new face lift can be transformed into a brand new piece. I was especially excited to see a curio cabinet over stuffed with items. These very special items can be used as accessories here and there, which means reduction in our unnecessary spending on decorative items. The main budget can be used on the windows and new a couch.
A collection of china cups and saucers were buried under other items and they were well hidden in the curio cabinet! A flow of ideas came to my mind: why can’t we use them as our decorative items around the two rooms? My client welcomed the idea, and I had my wonderful handyman make me tiny shelves, then paint them, hang them on the wall in a special composition to have balance, and voila! The new look was fresh, unique, and economical!
Please also visit gailaniassoc for more ideas on window treatments.
Below are some window covering ideas, enjoy!
for more information feel free to call us (630) 420-0800.
There are so many different styles of pleats or heading available for your draperies. Please check the slide show below and also make sure to see the video from RMCOCO.
We carry all RMCOCO fabrics, trims, and hardware call us (630) 420-0800
Woven wood blinds, are gaining popularity in the Chicago land area! Here are three things you should know about woven wood blinds:
- They are woven from natural grasses, bamboo, and various reeds. That is why they are considered “green” window coverings because they are sustainable, renewable and eco-friendly window treatments.
- They can be used in a casual setting, such as sun rooms, boat houses, and marina homes. Or if a more sophisticated setting is what the client is after, then they can be combined with other materials like silks, brushed cottons, and wool to achieve elegance, and beauty.
- They are now available in various colors and textures to give the consumer vast assortments to choose from.
Call us (630) 420-0800
Call us today! (630)420-0800
Here are some designs for valances, Let me know, which one you like best? Call(630)420-0800
Also visit us at http://excitingwindows.com/studio/gailaniassoc
What determines the cost of any window covering are the labor cost, materials used and the installation cost.
Here are some tips to consider when you are planning your next window covering project!
- The design: the simpler the design, the less expensive the treatment will be. Flat valances, inverted pleat valances, shirred and pinch pleated on a board, or a cornice board is considered less costly to fabricate. You can add a little touch to a simple flat valance by adding a contrast trim, tassels on each end, or perhaps some buttons in a coordinating fabric.
- The cost of the materials: The variety is endless when selecting fabrics. You can find gorgeous cottons, silks, and woven blends at an affordable price. Mixing textures, or adding coordinating inexpensive trims, will give you that designer quality look at an affordable price. Another tip is to perhaps splurge on the hardware, and choose a modestly priced fabric. The rich, opulent look of the hardware will make up for the simplicity of the style and your choice of the fabric.
- The installation cost: One way to cut on the installation cost is by choosing economically installed treatments. Cornices, and board mounted valances, are less expensive to install than sheared or pleated on a rod.
Finally, the best way to save money is by work with a professional, who will help you avoid costly mistakes, direct you, share expertise and resources, and respect your budget and work within it.
Do you have a project in mind? Are you concerned about cost?
Call us ( 630) 420-0800 We will give you a free estimate!
Here are five Reasons Why My Clients Prefer Roman Shades:
There’s nothing new about a Roman Shade, but my clients prefer them over any other shade time and time again.
- They provide you with practical privacy, but pull them up and you have the look of a custom valence to go with the beautiful view outside of your window
- They’re “green”! Line and interline your Roman Shades for energy efficiency
- Roman shades are a great beginning, and you can always add more. Side panels or a valence add texture and provide a more complete look to the room
- They are timeless. Traditional, contemporary, you can always dress Roman Shades to fit your personality and lifestyle
- With the variety of styles, you’ll always find what you’re looking for
Now Roman Shades come cordless! This is a wonderful feature foe child and pet safty!
Take advantage of our sale for the month of January and save 25% off the cordless feature!
Call Susan Gailani ( 630)420-0800.
Have you explored the vast verities of trims and embellishment out there in the market?
There are literally thousands of different types of trims, domestically produced or imported from abroad.
One must not under estimates the impact of trims, cords, buttons, and tassels can do to your drapes or even your room!
Buttons: Are fun, it can create a casual feel, it can be masculine, or even whimsical, and sometimes even can add a tailored feel.
Bead trims: There is so many types, crystal types that are more formal, wood, shells, metals, and ceramics that are less formal.
Cord trims: Ideal for finishing off pillows and bedding, and great for cornice board. Although from experience I do not recommend it for the edge of panels, the stiffness of the cords can cause the panel to twist.
Brush Fringe: They come in so many varieties and can be fun, whimsical, the various colors of the threads will help bring in some colors otherwise are not there with out the fringe.
See the slide show below and let me know which one you like best?
Call ( 630) 420-0800. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org