Gailani Designs is a Hunter Douglas Dealer, We carry all Hunter Douglas products. Call us for free estimate (630)420-0800.
We talked about how important it is to redesign children’s bedrooms to help them get motivated and do well for the new school year.
Now we will talk about how to plan the project:
- As we said before, get the child involved. Have him or her pick a theme. Once the theme is selected, research the colors, designs, fabrics, and textures that you need to create the theme.
- Once you choose the fabrics, decide on the colors to use. Again have the child pick his or her preferred colors. You need about three colors: one major color that will cover 60% of the room, like the walls, a secondary color that will cover 30% of the room, and could be used on furniture, bedding, and draperies, and finally an accent color that will pop up here and there, like pillows, lamps, and decorative accents. The accent color should cover 10% of the room.
- Be creative with the window covering, bedding and your furniture selection. A custom headboard that coordinates with a valance, beautiful decorative pillows, and useful accessories are areas to show talent and creativity.
- Research what is available as far as shades, bedding, and furniture. For example Comfortex has what it is called the Persona shade. The Persona shade is really cool, because it can be customized by using your theme logo, your child’s name, or any design you pick.
- Research what is good for energy saving, room darkening and acoustics to help reduce the noise of the outside world.
- Child safety must be the number one priority when designing a child’s bed room; shades should be cordless to avoid the possibility of chocking or strangling.
- Use materials that are natural fibers and if possible anti allergenic.
- Make sure all furniture fit properly, and the proportions are correct. The room should not be overstuffed.
- Ask about the manufacturer’s guarantee to make sure that what you’re purchasing will last for a long time.
Good luck with your decorating! And please do not hesitate to schedule a free phone consultation! Call (630) 420-0800.
Persona custom shades, for commercial and residential use!
What do you think? Do you like them? Let me know!
A variety of fabrics, trims and sheers can be combined to create a full range of unique, one-of-a-kind looks for your windows. You may be looking for something functional, like something that will help you with light control, privacy or energy savings. Or you might be looking for the possibility to add that warm touch to your rooms, we are the one stop shop for your window fashion needs.
Gailani Designs, have trained and certified staff, to help you with all your window covering needs. We will come out, measure, design, and provide you with an estimate, all in the first visit!
Valances, draperies, sheers, shutters, motorized treatments,blinds, shades,bedding, pillows and accessories, all can be ordered customized to your style and budget!
For more information call (630) 420-0800.
Your window treatments can be designed in order to allow more light in your room or not!
Take a look at picture below, this great room has multiple windows, and the client loves the light in her home. Her requirement was to keep the windows as clear as possible, and have minimal coverage yet add the warmth and richness of fabric treatment.
Here is a photo of the window covering design we provided:
The cornices were installed to allow maximum exposure of the window, slender side panels with banners on top for adding decorative elements and tie the room together, finally the sheers can be drawn to the sides to provide total exposure!
Call us for free estimates (630) 420-0800.
For more ideas visit our Exciting Windows website:
Have you considered using woven woods shades for your window covering?
Here are my thoughts about woven wood shades:
- They can look casual or they can be dressed up with silk panels for more formal look.
- They can be banded or trimmed. Adding banding to the leading edges with a coordinating fabric to tie up the room, that can look amazingly good.
- The can be lined to provide more privacy, insulation, room darkening as well as having a neutral color to the out side of the home.
- They are made from natural materials such as bamboo, reeds and other renewable material to take care of our environment and be GREEN.
- There are so many options and many companies that supply those shades with various colors, textures, and qualities. To name few are Hunter Douglas, Graber, Horizons shades, and many more. Call us a free estimate (630)420-0800.
Nothing beats the feeling of happiness when a client express their satisfaction with my work.
Here is a client testimonial after the work had been completed for his dining room at his residence in Burr Ridge Illinois.
Designing window covering with the WOW factor! That was the goal for this commercial project. The client wants simplicity, uniqueness, and quality. Take a look at the drawing below. The idea was to use the fabric in a way to create columns and define the doors shown in the sketch. The fabric is white and will look stunning against the beautiful taupe wall.
We provide unique designs for our residential and commercial clients. One hour free consultation, and a free phone consultation are available. Please call (630) 420-0800.
Also visit our Exciting Windows website gailaniassoc
Now a days, not to line custom draperies is unheard of! The only time I would not line is when providing cubical curtains for a medical building. The question is what type of lining to use? The selections are several, and vary from very inexpensive to top of the line blends of cotton and poly. There are several choices of colors and of course room darkening or black out linings.
How about interlining? Interlining is the material that is inserted between the face fabric and the lining. It is widely used in Europe and I made it a standard to use in my drapery designs.
Interlining gives an opulent rich feel to the drapery, adds volume, and helps dress up the draperies.
Interlining also protects against the weather elements such as the damaging rays of the sun and the heat that the it generates. It prevents the patterns in the fabrics from bleeding through, especially when using a contrast fabric in cascades and jabots, and i helps to make the true color of the fabric show and not get faded out from the sun light outside during the day hours. Interlining is great for providing extra insulation, especially when the draperies are drawn a cross the window for total coverage.
Using interlining will create an ambiance of elegance, beauty, and the royal feel that you will not see in the average home.
Call us at (630)420-0800. We provide in-home free consultation and free phone consultation as well!
For more ideas visit out interactive site gailaniassoc
Here are some photos of interlined draperies:
Fabric shades have always been popular window treatments. We have seen more interest in the use of shades the past few years. Our clients prefer fabric shades (Flat Roman, Water fall Roman, Hobbled Roman, Balloon shades, Austrian shades, …. etc.) because they look neat, they provide a valance look when they are lifted up, they insulate–especially when interlined–they provide full privacy when pulled down, they can have the top down feature, and now they can be ordered cordless for child and pet safety.
Our client from Burr Ridge, Dupage county, Illinois, loved the look of Balloon valances and Roman shades. Well, she got them both in this fabulous window covering
Call us for more ideas (630) 420-0800. Also visit our exciting windows web gailaniassoc
View this slide show: